Thursday, August 20, 2015

Interests



March 8 or 9 & 12,  2014 

Interests

LORD, You’ve given me these int’rests,
And I’m not sure what to do;
Can I pursue them all?
I want to follow You.

I hope that I can be involved
With each of these topics
I’m not sure how all that would work,
(But perhaps a little bit...?)

I’m concerned about the alley teens
And kids left on the streets.
The ones that have no godly guide,
No direction and no means.

I want to talk to Deaf folks
Yes, in their “native tongue”
To be like one who, with them,
Blended in among.

I have a love for Spanish
And other foreign language;
Perhaps translation work I’ll do
As a witness or for friends.

I’m drawn to those who have
An extra chromosome;
I’d love to be of service to
Sweet folks with Down Syndrome.

I’d like to rescue babies,
Those who are facing death.
United States or China?
The problem is widespread.

And what of euthanasia?
This fright has plagued my mind;
The dream God gave of rescuing
Still comes back fresh, I find.

No matter where You put me
No matter what my place,
Content me with Your work, Your way
And cover me with grace.

No comments:

Post a Comment