Friday, June 26, 2015

Preoccupation with the Unknown

                                                              Spring-July, 2012

Preoccupation with the Unknown

What if I saw a pterosaur?
Would it be all that grand?
It might be on its way by flight
To some “far better” land.

Since Fall of ’10 I’ve looked at sky
To see if I might chance
The sighting of a pterosaur—
A glimpse, a snatch, or glance.

But what of it, if I did see
A creature so, in flight?
Do I presume to dispatch ways
Of catching such a fright?

Do men well know that such a beast
Does even now exist?
Some may have seen its light sometimes,
But accosting such was missed.

I’ve spent much time, much mental thought
Regarding pterosaurs,
And very little time or thought
Devoted to my LORD.

What have I missed by such a choice?
Can it be very grave?
Indeed it can when seen in light
Of souls Christ came to save.

So if I see a pterosaur,
It will be nice, I guess,
But winning souls to Jesus Christ
Is quite, (by far!), the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment