Saturday, July 11, 2015

I Don’t Want to Wish For a Husband

                                                                     June 2, 2013

I Don’t Want to Wish For a Husband
 
I don’t want to wish for a husband,
For a husband’s not the thing,
That will make my life “just perfect.”
(Not by new name nor by ring.)
Whether married girl or single,
Whether servant girl or queen,
I have a job for Jesus
That’s better than some see.
By serving with contentment,
And loving where I’m at,
Maybe Christ my Lord will use me,
Single though I am.

I don’t want to wish for a husband,
For Christ is more to me
Than any mortal ever
Could even hope to be.
My Lord, consume and fill me
And make me all Thine own
Until, if ever, Thou wilt,
I wear the wedding gown.

I don’t want to wish for a husband,
But I do need to pray for him 
Someday I might be married
But my prayers must start ‘fore then.
So whether I do marry,
(Or whether I do not),
Through Christ I’ll bless “my husband”
As He brings him to thought.
Lord Christ, please make me holy.
A prayer-warrior make me,
For there is truly power
When Thine are on their knees.

I’m praying more for my husband,
Although I don’t know yet
If I will ever marry,
(Or if we might have met!).
My God can give contentment
And He can give me peace
And make me to be prayerful
As I my hopes release.
With tender hands and careful,
The Lord is working good
Making him into a husband
And me the wife I should.

No comments:

Post a Comment