Saturday, July 18, 2015

My Master



October 2013

My Master

I know that I’m loved by a good God.
How many little ways He shows it!
He strengthens my heart and gives me faith
And constantly lovingly grows it.

He taps at my heart when I wander
And seeks to regain my full face.
He patiently, mercif’lly keeps me,
And when I come back, I meet grace.

He blesses my heart with such good things
And answers my prayers in such ways
That all I can do is just marvel!
And lift up my imperfect praise.

He says, “Deny self” and I fail Him.
He says, “Take your cross” and I quake.
He says, “Follow Me and I’ll give you
A life that you won’t have to fake.”

He knows me so well! How I see it!
How patient He’s been all these years!
He’s drawn me so long and so surely,
(‘Though oft’ my heart’s fight has brought tears).

Oh Lord, bring me back, draw me closer!
My Master You are, I’m Your slave.
I want to break out into fullness
And fruitfulness wave upon wave.

No comments:

Post a Comment