Thursday, July 2, 2015

My Sin



March 9, 2013

My Sin

My sin laid those stripes on Him.
My sin wove those thorns.
My sin beat and spit on Him,
Jeered and mocked in scorn.

My sin drove those nails in Him.
My sin weighed Him down.
My sin made me the sinner
For whom He laid by His crown. 

My sin made Him cry in anguish,
“My God, Thou hast left me so!”
My sin killed the LORD that day;
Because of my crimes He took woe.

My sin was nailed that day to the tree,
My sin in which I drowned.
Jesus somehow became sin for me
And buried my crimes in the ground.

My sin died, (through faith I believe),
But Jesus my LORD rose again!
I am this day counted as free
Because Jesus Christ took my sin!

How can I thank Him, this LORD of glory?
How can I praise Him enough?
My tongue can’t express the words I should say,
But give up my life now I must.

Though often I fail, I am scared, and so weak,
I have to press toward the goal:
Of giving myself to my Precious LORD Christ,
Not just small parts, but my whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment