Sunday, October 4, 2015

Leah Andersen



April 24, 2014

Leah Andersen

My time is short, the end is near,
My thoughts are almost gone;
I have mere moments left to me
Before I travel on.
An unseen foe has entered in
To crowd out thoughts with force.
My mind submits and weakens,
Yet, I known I am the LORD’S.
My family stands as sentries;
Their watchful gaze is steady.
Their love is strong, but their strength now lags
As I’m made Heaven-ready.
My LORD knows what He doeth;
This trial’s but a flame
To purify and purge my dross
And glorify His Name.
I cannot feign to explain away
This death that seems so cruel,
I only trust in Him Who lives
And allows the fire more fuel.
My family, friends look up to Him,
(Is God sad at their plea?),
“We can’t see yet the meaning, LORD!
Give us Thy grace and strength!”
Yes, “can’t see yet” is just the phrase
To use, I know it’s true.
Paul writes, “We know that someday
We will see all worked for good.”

No comments:

Post a Comment