Sunday, October 11, 2015

Shine On



June 11, 2014

Shine On

In the early morning hours,
As the sun climbed higher and hotter
While the dew still dotted the little blades of grass
And the rays made diamonds and jewels
Of each drop of moisture,
Far across the pasture
Far, far into the pasture,
A bright spot of dew,
Like a beacon, shone out.
So bright, as a flash light at midnight
In Morse code it flickered
On and off, on and off.
And the girl saw it,
And it struck a chord in her heart,
And she heard the LORD’S meaning,
“So should you be.
So small in such a large field,
So bright and so brave and so persistent
It shines on and it tells the world
Of the Creator
And points to the One True God,
The Creator of light and
Light of the World.
So do: shine on.”
And now the wind has changed,
Or the droplet has fallen,
Or changed form,
But there is another,
Over to the left,
Smaller, but no less persistent.
And the first has left a legacy and the second
Shines on, shines on.
(I wrote this poem at the time of my grandmother’s short battle
with cancer.  She left a huge legacy for which I am so thankful.
By God’s grace I will carry the legacy on and live for my LORD Who
loved and saved my grandmother and myself. )

No comments:

Post a Comment