Sunday, October 4, 2015

New Nature



April 24, 2014

New Nature

O Jealousy! Get out of me! I’m crucified with Christ.
Let sin now reign no more in me; my Lord has cleansed my life.

The charity Christ birthed in me by nature cheers for others
Promotion, joy, new blessings, oh!  it smiles for sisters, brothers.

My Lord does know how sometimes woe will creep up in my heart
When hearing of nice things for “them” of which I would take part.

But after Pastor told the church of Charity’s real nature,
Embedded in my mind his words; I would be a sin-hater!

My Lord does also know the trial, the strong and fiercesome battle
Which I can’t win (except through Him) against that Evil Adder.

How grace is new! When I break through (of course by His help only),
I find through song, through prayer, or verse, He’s with me, I’m not lonely.

That love, that hold, gives courage bold; resolve is thereby strengthened.
I rest within the Arms of Him Who never can be weakened.

O Lord! Thy love! I’ve yet to prove the depths, the width, the volume!
As o’er each hill and vale You guide, may I, Thy plant, take bloom.

Sweet Shepherd dear, give me a fear for Thee, yes, for Thee solely.
And prune and work and mold each quirk and make me truly holy.

No comments:

Post a Comment