Thursday, October 15, 2015

Moments with Meemaw

                                                                June 22, 2014

                                                         Moments with Meemaw

I woke up yesterday
And I saw her smiling face:
One more day, one more day,
Praise the LORD.
Another moment, another kiss,
Another time to hug her.

I sat beside her frail form
And read the Word,
A familiar book.
She raised her hand,
A silent “Amen”
Which her lips couldn’t say.
My precious grandfather,
Her husband so dear,
Joined in
Our reading time
And said the words
For both of them.

And then I heard
Her voice:
She was quoting, too,
The words she’d hidden
In her heart,
Long before.

‘Though time be short (on this side)
And each second precious, (priceless),
The switch will flip
And then begins Eternity!
Oh! blissful thought!
Forever with her LORD!

No comments:

Post a Comment