Sunday, October 11, 2015

My Kind of People



June 14, 2014

My Kind of People

I’m of a kind and simple people
Of the Gentle Shepherd’s sheep
Who have a down-home way of livin’
That I desire to keep.

I’m of people that show such passion
First to God, and then to their spouses,
Who work hard and live uprightly
At their jobs or in their houses.

I’m of people who “drop by” quite often,
Just to see each other;
Of those who bring their children up
To honor God, father, and mother.

Of people who sweat from honest work,
And have abundance of hope;
Of those who, going through trying times,
Turn to the LORD to cope.

I’m of people who wear their Sunday best
To church each week’s first day,
Of people who sit on a large front porch
And watch the grandkids play.

I’m of people whose smile, whose great bear hugs
Give blessings of genuine gladness,
Or whose “talk-your-ear-off” and violent agreement
Look, to strangers, much like madness!

I’m of people who’d be at church meetings
Than a gala any day,
And who turn from today’s entertainment
To have a calm chance to pray.

My people have rarely seen Pres’dents
Or people high of station,
(Unless they were preaching in foreign countries
And the LORD got them into those places.)

My people have seen the Hand of the LORD
Work mightily on dire occasions;
They’ve stayed on their knees or searched through the Word
To find answers in strained situations.

My people are nothing in this world
That glories in wealth and in power,
But I love my people for they love the LORD
Who is our Strong and Faithful High Tower.

No comments:

Post a Comment