Thursday, December 24, 2015

A Very Holy Bravery

 May 27, 2015

A Very Holy Bravery
  (For my best friend, JR)

A very holy bravery my cousin showed tonight.
She knows a living battle, and oft’ has kneeled to fight.
And now she asks assistance from me that I would pray
For her to win this battle she fights within today.
The Father Who has loved her and saved her as His own
Knows what a fight within her is vying for His throne.
He sits as King of Glory upon the golden seat
Established there, within her heart, where she and He do meet.
I know our LORD can win this, but struggles come before;
I must kneel down, petition, the victory from my LORD.
“My Father, help my sister, who’s going through this war.
You’ve saved her soul, but foulest fiends are knocking at her door.
They hate Thy Name of Glory; they’d dare destroy Thy child.
I know that Thou art greater: You can o’ercome all wilds.
My sister struggles hardly, she calls and begs for Thee.
Make haste, my LORD, to help her.  Now be availed, I plead.
The heart is quite deceitful; it makes us think we’re fine,
Or puts us in a misery, (despondent, mucky clime).
I know that Thou art greater, e’en when our hearts condemn:
Jesus is our Savior! There’s nought greater than Him!
And so I beg Thy help LORD, to aid my sister dear.
Destroy all that’s against Thee, all sin, and every fear.”

No comments:

Post a Comment