Wednesday, December 23, 2015

LORD, Win!



November 14, 2014

                                                                       LORD, Win!

At war with God I used to be,
His enemy I’ve been,
But, (Praise His Name!), He conquered me!
He did that conflict win!

At times, now that I am His slave,
I have in battle been,
My soul against some fiendish foe
And begged my LORD to win.

Greatest of gods and God Alone,
He heard my prayer to Him,
And He, the Great and Gracious One,
Came down, the fight to win.

At other times, within myself,
I’ve struggled hard with sin
And knowing what was right, but weak,
I’d gasp, “LORD, come and win!”

My Master oft has proved His love!
(I cannot e’en begin!)
He’s rescued me from countless things—
My LORD will always win!

I am so blessed to be Christ’s own
Today, as first back when,
E’en before the trials I’ve seen,
I learned: “My LORD can win!”

So, as I’ve begged Him oft before
Yes, now I beg again:
“You’re capable of what You choose;
LORD, be the Victor, win!”

No comments:

Post a Comment