Wednesday, December 23, 2015

With Pruning



September 9?, 2014

With Pruning

I was standing beside the stream of my life
Watching it slowly flow on
When my Gardener approached with clippers in Hand,
Singing His pruning-time song.
I trembled to see Him, clear down to my roots,
What would He do to me?
Then, with tender eyes and skillful hands,
He began to work on His tree.
I didn’t like the way He worked;
It hurt, ‘twas not “comfterble”,
But still He clipped on and pruned me,
Straight’ning my trunk with pulls.
“Truly He knows what He doeth,”
My neighboring plants told me.
“The pain was intense, but we’re better
Since He worked our limbs similarly.”
But, how long will it last!? Is this storm almost past!?
I can bear the torture no more!
But as He continued to patiently work,
I fell in love with my LORD.
The change was so gradual I can’t even trace
How that He cleansed me from sin.
But now I just pray, “Let it all pass away!”
For it’s nothing compared now to Him!

No comments:

Post a Comment