Wednesday, December 23, 2015

The Fifth Season




March 27, 2015

The Fifth Season

It is the fifth season:
A year has gone by.
We relive the feelings,
The thoughts in our mind.

A shock to us all,
“What does the news mean?”
I didn’t think much
On how the year’d be.

It couldn’t be so;
Surely ‘tisn’t that bad.”
I was in denial.
Such short time we had.

My family would cry.
It’s too early for that!
I’d think to myself,
Wishing time would turn back.

“It won’t be long now,”
One person told me.
She couldn’t be right.
I would not believe.

“When will this all end?”
My thoughts would cry out.
We were tired by then,
About to wear out.

My Mother admonished,
“This all will soon end.
When this battle is over,
Life will be changed then.”

We can’t get time lost
To return for our use:
Many moments I’ve wasted;
Much time I’ve abused.

Love the people you love!
(But not desp’rately:
Fear is a tyrant;
Wisdom is key.)

Don’t go a day
Without loving your own
Then be thankful for mem’ries
When God calls them home.

No comments:

Post a Comment