Thursday, December 24, 2015

Be Thou Our Helper


May 5, 2015

Be Thou Our Helper 

“Be Thou our Helper, LORD.”
So oft’ my granddad prayed.
It was his prayer ‘most daily:
The LORD in his mind stayed.
My Granddad knew his failings;
His weakness he could see.
That God alone was strong enough
His life and prayers taught me.
His days on earth were numbered;
God gave him ninety-one.
Each moment was a priv’lege
To serve this man of God.
(Of course I didn’t see it
Always in such a light,
But as the days were passing,
The LORD was giving sight.)
And now his time for leaving,
“Promotion Day,” has come,
And we, with hope-filled teardrops,
Know he’s arrived at home.
And we, the ones who stay here,
Turn hearts again to Thee:
“Thou art All-Knowing, Father;
Be Helper now to me.
Be Helper to each member
That we would run the race
And be Thy faithful servants
Until we see Thy Face.”

No comments:

Post a Comment