Thursday, December 24, 2015

Song of a Mother-heart (Isaiah 54:1-3)



April 19 or 20, 2015

Song of a Mother-heart
(Isaiah 54:1-3)

I sing to Thee now, O LORD, Who hast made me,
I sing to Thee now, for Thou, Lord, hast bade me.
A barren woman, no husband nor child,
I break forth into singing, aloud do I cry,
Thou hast given me children, (more than body could bear!),
They are mine by Thy working, through service and prayer.
I praise Thee! Thou wrought this! I am not without child;
I am not without husband, Thou art my Strong Guide!
I enlarge now my heart, take in each dear one;
My "tent" receives all, each daughter and son.
This tabernacle holds far more than I dreamed;
Though I fade like a flower, Thy blessings I see.
So I stretch forth my curtains, my cords I lengthen;
The canopy is spread; my stakes I strengthen.
And then this: (bless'd thought!) Thou providest the bread!
(Thou first feddest me, now these shall be fed!)
Thou clothed me with finest and whitest of linen,
And now, by Thy Spirit, Thou clothest my children.
So many to name, so many I love!
Unnumbered, save only by Jehovah above.
These spiritual babes I've been given by Thee;
Teach, make them Thine for eternity!

No comments:

Post a Comment