Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Springtime in the South



March 19, 2015

Springtime in the South

All the white flowers (oh! so sweet!)
Are blooming again near patchy concrete:
The azalea bush with delicate scent
To Aunt’s hard work gives testament.
The dogwood flow’rets shyly nod
And testify of their great God.
The Irises mild, majestic, straight,
A quiet wisdom emanate.
The briars even, preparing to bear,
Their impish blossoms smiling share.
‘Though gard’ner’s tools aren’t occupied
These plants still cheer the countryside.
A sweeter spring I can’t recall,
(At least not since the days of Fall! :)).
My senses stir, my heart thinks much
As I take note of God’s kind touch.
It’s everywhere! On every tree,
On every bush, all ‘round me!
I love this time when things spring new
With mild temps and pleasant dew!
Right now I’d rather nowhere be
Than in the South in time of Spring!

No comments:

Post a Comment